Ah yes. The joy of packing. Those few hours from planning out your vacation to actually flying on a plane to the vacation. Or whatever you’re going there for.
Packing is one of those things you either love or hate, and luckily for me, I love.
You probably know the basic things (packing is pretty simple. You basically put stuff into bags). I’ve seen many people in the airport, and it’s just sad sometimes, to see when someone is making a major packing/travelling mistake, so before you start shoving things in, remember to:
1. Have a checklist!
The worst thing that can happen is when you’re in the middle of a rainforest, and you remember that your underwear is still back home. Not fun. Checklists are always good for planning out outfits and making sure everything is in that needs to be in.
2. Don’t have enough space, sit on your bag!
That’s how Mary Poppins did it! But seriously, it creates about 300% more room, and you could fit a whole three month’s worth of clothes+shoes in a normal sized suitcase.
3. Plan how many suitcases you’re going to bring, and how.
I always do this mistake myself, but I always bring too many bags with me when I go traveling. Many airlines do have limitations on how many and the type/size of bags you can carry on board. Last time, I brought 3 suitcases and a backpack, which is WAY too much to carry out of the airport. Think about how you’re going to distribute the weight too, especially in airlines where each bag has to be 23 kilos max (come on, why can’t it just be 40 kilos one bag, 10 kilos the other?).
4. Have a bag always in your suitcase full of things you don’t really need, so you can just throw it out if your bag is overweight.
5. Roll your fragile things (perfumes, makeup, etc.) in your clothes.
Nail polish all over your suitcase? No gracias.
6. Just a traveling tip in general. Bring LOTs of plastic bags, because you never know when you might need it again!
So now you’ll look more like: